What to include in your homeowner Insurance

Property | property

We at AXA understand that, as a homeowner, you need the peace of mind that your home is protected. When choosing your home insurance, it is important to think about what type of home you have and what is covered under your policy. Therefore, we have policies to suit those who rent, those who have holiday homes and those who own and reside in their own home. Each of these policies cover you in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as fire, storm, or theft. We also allow you to avail of a range of add-ons which means you can tailor your insurance policy to perfectly suit you.

Homeowner insurance cover

What are the differences between homeowner’s insurance and holiday home insurance?

The difference between a standard AXA’s home insurance policy, and one of our holiday home insurance policies, is primarily based on whether the house is your permanent place of residence. Each of our policies are tailored slightly differently, as homes that are used as holiday homes may have different coverage needs than those that are used as permanent residences.

AXA’s home insurance policy is for homes that are used as a full-time residence. When choosing your home insurance, you have the choice of three different policies: buildings insurance, contents insurance, or buildings & contents insurance. Each of these policies are tailored to suit homes that are lived in full-time and they can provide coverage against fire, theft, flood and storm, escape of water and oil, malicious acts, and subsidence.

Holiday home insurance is slightly different to home insurance due to the fact that these homes are not lived in all year round. As these homes are more prone to damage and theft, we have tailored our holiday home insurance to protect against these unforeseen circumstances, giving you peace of mind that AXA are here to help. Like our home insurance, you can choose from: buildings insurance, contents insurance, or building & contents insurance. This allows you to find the very best insurance for you and your holiday home.

If I rent out my home what insurance should I have?

At AXA, we understand that knowing what insurance you need as a landlord, can be confusing. When renting out your home, whether it be for short or long term, it is vitally important that you protect your assets in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.

We recommend that all landlords have buildings insurance. This insurance policy covers any physical buildings you own - the home, any outhouses and sheds, along with the permanent fixtures within the home. These are essential assets to protect, and we suggest that this is the minimum form of insurance you should consider having, when renting out your home.

If you are renting your home out long term, and have no contents within the home, you will have no need to have contents insurance. However, you can advise any tenants living within the home to take out contents insurance.

Tags: property
Protect your home contents with AXA
Home Insurance

Looking for a quote?

Get a quote in under 5 minutes

Get a quote